Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Freedom...

Erik has given me to okay to drive around Lusaka...I forgot to buy "The Post" today and find out if there was a warning throughout the city. I actually fared pretty well. The extent of my travels included Medcorp, The Game and home.

Medcorp is a clinic with American Dr. Meade who saw Bradley for a bronchial infection. The visit and medicine was 162,000 ZMK, about $50. Not bad at all!! He is feeling much better and the cough is slowing down.

The Game, a combination between Big Lots and Walmart, gets merchandise in and goes out quickly. I was able to buy a garbage can, iron, hangers and Mike and Ikes!!! I am a happy girl now!! Someone contact David Farber and tell him to get Coke Light here quickly- the demand in Lusaka went up by 200% this week and they were not prepared. The demand is quickly outweighing the supply:)


Here are pictures of the home:
This is our master bedroom, Bradley's room, Guest (kid's) bathroom, the pool.


Peterson is very disappointed that the toilets here have very little water. He now must drink from the pool or his water bowl- what a bummer!!

Congrats to MCS for returning back to school!! We pray for a great school year for all. What an exciting year for the 6th graders with all the electives and school sports, etc. Have fun!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your house. The children look very happy and I can't believe they have on coats. Peterson looks like he is doing well also.
I am proud of you for driving around - Keep the blogs coming.

MeMe said...

I love seeing the pictures of your house.
Remember Chelsea and Bradley, we have a Backgammon play-off when you get home. You better practice practice practice.

I am working on a freeze dried diet-coke. It will be like Crystal Light. You can be my testers.

Love and Miss You ALL

Unknown said...

So glad Bradley is feeling better. Looks like you have settled into your new abode! Can't wait to hear about school. Hope all is well. Keep the stories coming...Love, The Schurs

sueronwest said...

Thanks for posting the blogs. I am Ron West, Bob's dad. My wife Sue, found????? your site today and sent me the info. Sometimes all she has to do at work is look for things in Lusaka on her computer...imagine that. She has a short timers attitude, she is retiring in December this year. If there is anything that you need (within reason) please let us know. We will be happy to send it to you. Thanks for all that you all are doing, I KNOW that God sent you all there to do His work.
Blessings,
Ron

Unknown said...

Okay, I love how Peterson is looking like, "are you talking to ME"